Sunday, July 31, 2011

I know I know

Okay everyone I know I'm a total slacker when it comes to writing but sometimes, okay okay, most times I am usually doing something better. Sorry just had to say that. Well life certainly has happened since my last post. Jordan did finally come home from Afghanistan safe and sound. We did visit Utah in July for a couple of weeks and that was really fun. At the end of September we moved to Georgia for 8 months so Jordan could do school for communications. He finally got out of the infantry and is now in satellite communications. He had really long days and we didn't see much of him. Alex and I were certainly busy with play group twice a week plus we had story time once a week. Jordan passed school with flying colors and was stationed in Hawaii. Yes I know everyone is so jealous and not to brag but yes you should be. We are loving it here so far. The weather is really awesome. I love having snow at christmas because that is what I am used to but you know I could get really used to it being 85 degrees during the winter. I really don't thing I would complain. They really do call it paradise and so far I have to agree. Yeah my only complaint really would be it's a small island with a lot of people which means it's busy busy busy. Luckily we live on the north side of the island which doesn't have that much traffic so it's quiet. Since we were basically homeless for 2 months it was really nice to finally get a house from the Army. It really not that bad. It's working out great for us. We only get 2 rooms right now but hopefully soon we will be able to get an extra bedroom. The only bad thing about getting another room is I have to move. At least it's not across the ocean or the states. We have gone to the beach, unfortunately we were only able to go once since about 9 days into being here Alex broke her elbow and was in a cast for 4 weeks. She is finally out but with moving and unpacking we haven't had a chance to go back but we plan on spending many weekends at the beach. I gotta say life has been going pretty well for us. No big complaints but that can always change especially with the military. Oh yeah and we had to get a new washer and dryer because our washer broke and our dryer was gas and they only do electric on post. Oh well at least they do give us some compensation.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! A new post! Love it. Keep us updated. I don't get to talk to you as much anymore. (mostly my fault). With things being hectic who has the time anymore. Give Alex kisses from me and tell Jordan hi. Love you guys. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete