Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Homecoming

So Jordan has officially been home for 9 days and approximately 4 and a half hours. It has gone by pretty fast these past days. Jordan is already back at work. Not really full time more like part time. He has been getting off early everyday except for the first 3 days he was home he didn't have to go into work at all. Homecoming went really well. We had to wait for about 2 hours before the guys finally showed up. One of the generals gave a pretty quick speech and then everyone ran to find their husbands,sons,fathers, brothers, etc... The funny thing about this was Jordan was about 10 people away from me but he didn't see me and I lost him in the crowd. He was with David Fletcher and they ended up calling so we could meet up with them. I came with David's wife Heather. Alex was really shy with him at first but after about the first hour or so she warmed up really well to him. Now she won't leave him alone, which actually is really nice for me since I now get a break. Let me tell you after a year with her with no help, this has been a much needed break. She is really cute with him always jumping on him and making him play with her. Although he does like to tease her and get her all worked up. It's pretty funny because she just fights back with him. She definitely lets him know what is acceptable and what isn't. Well it has been really nice having Jordan home. He is in this big cooking phase so I really haven't had to do much. For memorial weekend we had David and Heather over for a BBQ. The only thing I really had to do was make the pasta salad and start some things for homemade ice cream, which we never actually got around to making. I lost the booklet on how to work it and I have never used it before or it wouldn't be a big deal. Playing catch up with him has been really fun, to say the least, plus I love watching him with Alex. They really are so cute together. She may look like me but she is Jordan in her attitude and she has his facial expressions.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know, Alex is a lot like you! We are glad Jordan is home though. We can't wait to see you at the end of the month. Yes it is a new month. The year is half way over! Crazy! Thank you for updating, now you just need to add pictures :P. I can show you how to do that later! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete