Saturday, June 6, 2009

Jordan is gone

Well Jordan left for Afghanistan on Tues the 26th of May. He flew out of Colorado Springs, landed in Maine from there he went to Leipzig, Germany. He ended up in Kyrgizstan, from there he flew to Kandahar. Tomorrow he will fly to FOB Terminator. Where that is I have no idea but the general area is in the southern region. He is doing well and is safe for the most part. I have no idea what he will be doing out there. I don't know how much or how often we will be in contact. He won't know till he starts getting settled in. I'm sure for at least the first month things will be crazy busy for him and he won't be able to have much free time. Their First Sergeant is a bit extreme. This is Jordan's second deployment but his first one was in Iraq. This one will be a lot different. They won't be doing the same things. When I have an exact address for him I will let you all know as well as the approved and non-approved items that you may send if anyone does want to send out a care package.

As for Alex and I we are doing just fine. She is still young enough that she doesn't realize that daddy is gone but I do talk to her everyday about him and I show her his picture. Hopefully one of these days she will retain a little bit of what I am saying. I'm doing great. This time around isn't as hard because it is my second deployment, but is almost harder because I have Alex to look after and he is in a different area and I don't know what he will be doing and what it will be like for him. But all of us are safe and well.

No comments:

Post a Comment